Let's all pretend...

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Tue Sep 17 05:38:34 MDT 1996

On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, Robert Malecki wrote:

> >Louis: A couple of fucking morons. Writing manifestos for a bunch of red
> >professors on the Internet. Go organize a demonstration or something. Your
> >"documents" are a sick excuse for political action.
> >
> Ahh Louis;
>
> At least we take sides in this *real* struggle! You on the other hand have
> said nothing about Iraq.

Louis: "Said anything"?! Of course, not. I am not sitting around like you
and PO (how aptly named) pretending to be Trotsky in Coyacan issuing
communiques. I mean what would Trotsky make of all of these fourth-rate
imitators running around today like a bunch of Elvis impersonators at a
Howard Johnson on saturday night. If you drips are going to pretend to be
Trotsky, I might as well pretend to be my hero, Che Guevara.

The Diary of Louis Proyect
Tuesday, 9/10/96: There are 24 of us left now. We crossed 110th street and
entered Central Park and set up camp near Strawberry Fields. We shot a rat
and a swan and cooked them. The guerrillas are still hungry.

Wednesday, 9/11/96: Chico was caught in an ambush near the Zoo where he
was attempting to kill some deer for dinner. Chico fought with me in the
Sierra Maestras and I loved him like a brother. My asthma is bothering me
and I am nearly out of medication.

Thursday, 9/12/96: Nothing happened today.

Friday, 9/13/96: An unlucky day, even though as a Marxist I believe only
in science. Tanya has been taken prisoner near Tompkins Square Park and I
am afraid that they will torture her to reveal our whereabouts. I suspect
that the SWP bookstore on Avenue B has betrayed us...