ON LISA

SCOTT R MCLEMEE MCLEMEE at mail.loc.gov
Wed Sep 18 10:38:11 MDT 1996

          A  few months ago, I corresponded briefly with Lisa over  a topic
          of  shared interest:  Selma  James,  the feminist-Marxist thinker
          and activist.  Lisa planned to write a  paper  on James.  I  sent
          her a photocopy of  a mimeographed document, "Panel Discussion on
          the  Woman Question," published  by  the Johnson-Forest group  in
          1951, in which the main report is almost certainly by Selma . . .
          and Lisa was ready to think about all of the material, to grapple
          with  a  topic  nobody  else  has  touched, with conceptual tools
          Marxist and otherwise.

          I really looked forward to reading that paper.  She promised.

          (Goodbye).