A Book

Vladimir Bilenkin "achekhov at unity.ncsu.edu" at ncsu.edu
Wed Sep 18 14:46:47 MDT 1996

> KARL: Does anybody know anything concerning a book by Mezarso called
> (I think) Beyond Capital. Hope I have the spelling right.
>
> If you do please brief me on it.
>
>                               Yours etc.,
>                                          Karl

Istvan Meszaros's _Beyond Capital: Toward a Theory of Transition_ was
published some time ago by Monthly Review Press ($25). It's a thousand
page small print book.  I've read most of it and have mixed feelings
as to how original his contribution is. At the very least, it is very
useful as a modern recaputilation of classical marxism.

Vladimir