Sanctimonious Trot has no sense of humour!

Rosser Jr, John Barkley rosserjb at jmu.edu
Mon Sep 23 21:54:45 MDT 1996

Adolfo,
     Sorry, Adolfo, this doesn't fly.  Stalin was smart but
he was also one of the most notorious paranoids of the
century.  The reports that he was absolutely obsessed with
Trotsky come from many many sources.  If Stalin was so
intent on accusing everyone in the Moscow Show Trials of
being Trotskyists, why do you think their convictions and
executions would have satisfied him without having Trotsky
himself dead?
     I am well aware that Gordievsky was/is a British
agent, which is why I labeled him a "questionable source,"
although I remind all that many things he initially
reported have since been confirmed by numerous others.  But
Pavel Sudoplatov is your kind of guy, Adolfo, a true blue
fan of the Great Leader.  Pavel is very proud of what was
done and what he participated in as a big cheese.  His
memoir is hardly "revisionist propaganda."
     So, I would say that your common sense is, well, this
is a family list, and we have had enough flaming recently...
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley
rosserjb at jmu.edu