US Trotskyism

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Tue Sep 24 16:23:26 MDT 1996

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Adam Rose wrote:

> As I have indicated privately, whenever Zinoviev got out of
> Lenin's immediate control, he veered off either to right or
> left. In Lenin's words, "he has never, I think, made
> an independent study of dialectics".

Louis: If you want to belong to a group in which the maximum leader has to
have "immediate control" over his underlings, then good luck. Maybe that
is the reason that the English SWP leadership is so much like the American
CP's: antedeluvian geniuses have to ride herd on their wayward charges.

And you invited me to join the ISO?! The first time somebody tried to
exercise "immediate control" over me, they'd get a punch in the mouth.

My analysis of the collapse of the American SWP has absolutely nothing to
with their politics. I am closer to them politically than any other group
on the left, particularly with respect to their position on Cuba.

The problem they have, and your outfit has, is that you view yourself as
Alan Wald put it as the only genuine revolutionaries on the planet. This
is tripe.