Are Jews Russian?

hariette spierings hariette at easynet.co.uk
Tue Sep 24 19:09:03 MDT 1996

>Speaking of Russian and British anti-Semitism, in a disgraceful act of
>self-promotion, I quote this paragraph from my book Wall Street (Verso,
>April 1997), on John Maynard Keynes' attitudes towards Marxism:
>
><quote>
>Marxism as a political philosophy was a "delusion" (CW XVII, p. 268), an
>"obsolete" and "erroneous...creed which, preferring the mud to the fish,
>exalts the boorish proletariat above the bourgeois and the intelligentsia
>who, with whatever faults, are the quality in life and surely carry the
>seeds of all human advancement." The hated doctrine could do nothing to
>"alter..human nature," to make "Jews less avaricious or Russians less
>extravagant than they were before"  (CW IX, pp. 258-259). Workers he found
>"boorish," though he generously conceded that they were "not as ugly as
>they might be" (quoted in Pereleman 1989, p.7). Civilization is not the
>product of vast numbers of humans living and working together, but "a thin
>and precarious crust erected by the personality and the will of a very few,
>and only maintained by rules and conventions skilfully put across and
>guilefully preserved" (CW X, p. 447). "The class war," he concluded
>charmingly, "will find me on the side of the educated bourgeoisie" (CW IX,
>p. 297).
><endquote>
>
>Doug
>
>--
>
>Doug Henwood
>Left Business Observer
>250 W 85 St
>New York NY 10024-3217
>USA
>+1-212-874-4020 voice
>+1-212-874-3137 fax
>email: <dhenwood at panix.com>
>web: <http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/LBO_home.html>

Essentially the same message put across by the religious Trots:

 Civilization is not the
>product of vast numbers of humans living and working together, but "a thin
>and precarious crust erected by the personality and the will of a very few,

Or a Soviet is not the product of workers and oppressed masses working and
fighting together but a "thin and precarious crust erected by the
personality of the one and only, the inimitable 26 years old Jesus among the
Doctors of the Law, Mr. Leon Trotsky"

Yeah, the Trotskyst religion - because that is what it is become - is
essentially reactionary bourgeois idealism with a "left" veneer.  Let's keep
scratching it until it peels-off!   And then, what is left?  Bourgeois
chauvinism and even racism!

Adolfo