Rich bastards

Russell Pearson spectres at innotts.co.uk
Wed Sep 25 20:57:28 MDT 1996

The other day I was discussing politics with a friend and the question =
of the distribution of wealth came up.
The consensus between us was that the on-going shift of wealth to a small=
 minority had accelerated over the last twenty years or so.
However, neither of us had any empirical data to back this up.
Does anyone on the list have any idea what the balance of wealth is today=
, either on a national, or better still a global basis?
And what about the individuals, who are the richest bastards kicking arou=
nd today? I've been told that some 200 families own some 60% of the globa=
l wealth. Is there any foundation in this?

Russell