Hello all

Russell Pearson spectres at innotts.co.uk
Thu Sep 26 19:33:54 MDT 1996

Antonio Mota asks:
" What the hell is this list about? Why those endless threads
about futile personal attacks on each others? Only "historical" reasons
with 50 years old? I think this is, at least, not dialectic at all. Not
that I don't have a position on my own regarding these questions, but
it's certanly not those questions I expect to be central in a marxist
(almost xxi century one) list. So, if someone can explain..."

My understanding is that it's a damn sight easier to throw mud at one ano=
ther than to get to grips with a critique of contemporary capitalism.
In many ways the arguments over the assassination of Trotsky etc., is ver=
y much like a virtual war-game.
The combatants arrange their tin soldiers and try to re-run history in =
a different way.
The insults add life to the game in much the same way that small boys pro=
vide sound-effects for their battles:
"Ratatat-tat- bang bang- Got You!!! Na na na neah nah!"

If you cut all this crap out there are some interesting points made (and =
a few bits of genuine wit), but most of it is only of historical interest=

Russell