'Stalinist' : an insult or a diagnosis ?

Richard Bos Richard.Bos at hagcott.meganet.co.uk
Thu Sep 26 11:48:06 MDT 1996

Robert Malecki wrote:

> Plant writes;
> >
> >To the best of my recollection I have never called you anything. I am
> >open to correction on that. I have described the NCP as Stalinist.
>
> Now's your chance Richard! Ask to be allowed on the "Unity" list. Its only
> hardliners like Aldolfo that they want to keep off.
>
> Neo-Stalinists, liquidators and reformist welcome is the sign they have put
> up in practice.
>
> Bob Malecki

I would hope that both Adolfo and I would be allowed on the Left-Unity
list, if we wanted to join. I am in favour of bringing the left together
through dialogue and action. Adolfo would support principled unity too,
as he has demonstrated on this list. I know that you would not agree,
but the majority on this list would. We do not have to agree on every
subject to recognise who is fighting for working class interests and who
is not.

To be a sectarian is a very sad and lonley place to be. The whole world
is your enemy, and you can't trust those who purport to be your friends.
Maybe it is too late for you on this list Robert, but if you get out
into the real world things may be clearer for you.

--
Comradely,

Richard.