why close marxism2?

Rosser Jr, John Barkley rosserjb at jmu.edu
Mon Sep 30 09:46:43 MDT 1996

     Just a question, for the spoons, I guess.  Why
close marxism2?  The great drive to close M1 has come
>from the high volume and low flaming content of many
posts on the list.  This is a problem and a
volume-limited list would go a long way to helping the
situation out, on marxism-international, will that be
it, I guess?
     But I don't see what the problem is with marxism2
that appointing a moderator who would operate "in the
spirit of lisa rogers" would not resolve.  Sure, it is
a bit of a duck pond, and maybe not as many  ferocious
debates occur.  But wasn't that the purpose, or at
least part of the purpose?  Some of the discussions
that went on on M2 are apparently now moving to
marxism-and-sciences, lisa's joint creation.  But why
eliminate M2?  Just get a new moderator and let it be.
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley
rosserjb at jmu.edu