stalin etc

M A Jones mark at SPAMjones118.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Aug 7 11:30:26 MDT 1999

Michael Yates wrote:

>>And so it was in the United Farm Workers Union, in which I witnessed the
follies of the cult of Cesar Chavez, the result of which was the
complete demise of the union.  Luckily Chavez did not have his "enemies"
killed.  There are plenty of lessons to be learned from failures of the
left everywhere in the world, failures never completely due to the
perfidy of the capitalists and the gloomy nature of objective
circumstances.  I would have hoped that most of us would have learned
some of them by now.<<

This isn't helpful. If you have nothing to contribute in the way of genuine
scholarship, then better say nothing. Cheap put-downs are just that --
cheap. This is the kind of remark, the only purpose of which is to poison
the well of discourse, which tends to destroy serious debate. If you are
sure you have nothing to learn from me, then I suggest you delete me unread
and do something more productive with your time.

Mark Jones