Lenin Enrolment

Jonathan Flanders jon_flanders at SPAMcompuserve.com
Mon Aug 9 09:16:41 MDT 1999

>> What I have been setting forth is a break with both of these models.
Nostalgia is harmful to Marxism. These models both have led nowhere. <<

And this Stalin-Trotsky argument that supposedly was banned from this list
doesn't seem to be going anywhere either.

>From where I sit, it doesn't address much about the US in 1999, where the
stock market still bubbles, labor shortages abound, some members of my
union are working 50hrs overtime a week and politics appears to most people
like barely relevant background noise. Even the Balkan War was a blip to
most people.

If we have a crisis right now, it's one of too muchness. Too much economic
activity overwhelming workers and their families, from excessive overtime
and consumerism, to the heat, drought and storms aggravated by out of
control capitalism.

This current muchness masks the stagnating wages, inadequate health care
and brewing wars in places like Columbia, which percolate beneath the
surface.

Jon Flanders