L-I: Chris Hani's legacy: Interview with ANC's Thenjiwe Mtintso

James Farmelant farmelantj at SPAMjuno.com
Wed Aug 11 15:48:07 MDT 1999

>From time to time I have heard rumors that elements of the
SACP might have been complicit  in Chris Hani's assasination
because he was seen as an obstacle to the Party's accomodation
with the South African business community.  According to
some of the stories that I have heard, Party leaders either
withdrew security from Hani and/or convinced him that
he did not need a very high level of security.  I wonder
how much credibility people hear attach to these stories.

                        Jim F.