Maoism and capitalism

Andrew Wayne Austin aaustin at SPAMutkux.utcc.utk.edu
Fri Aug 13 10:03:59 MDT 1999

The criticism that Carrol Cox makes concerning extraneous text is very
useful. I have for some time now taken the time to use only those parts of
the text that are relevant to the discussion. I think I may have even said
something about this several months ago. In any case, I want to add my
voice to Carrol's and suggest that posters take a bit more time to edit
what is relevant. Of course, I have no authority to impose my will on
anybody--it is only a gentle suggestion.

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Carrol Cox wrote:

>There are too many posts lately on several different threads in which
>the poster copies the entirety of the post being responded to and then
>adds very little.

Andy