Idealism (check definition)

acc at SPAMceniai.inf.cu acc at SPAMceniai.inf.cu
Tue Aug 17 02:55:32 MDT 1999

Xxxzx Xyyxyz wrote:

> Idealism is the philosophical tradition...

If you were writing a definition for an encyclopedia of philosophy,
perhaps I would not find any objection. But allow me to suggest you
take into account as well other acceptions of the term. At least
in Spanish the concept of "idealismo" is used in a moral meaning that
has a particularly strong political relevance. So when you say
that word you will frequently find it associated with a political
tradition. With all due respect, I think that should not be ignored
in a definition written for an Encyclopedia of Marxism.

Daniel