Idealism (new definition)

Xxxzx Xyyxyz musides at SPAMadelaide.on.net
Fri Aug 20 03:26:15 MDT 1999

Hi Andy,

>Idealism is demonstrably wrong.

  Are we able to certainly and absolutely consistently prove
materialism? We cannot hitherto because all of the variables (of
whichever situation) are not certainly within our grasp of knowledge.
A great deal is still beyond us. In this way, materialism is based
upon knowing. The Materialist (Einstien's theory of light for
example) makes the 'uncertain infinite' certain. They do not do this
by establishing a theory (the constant speed of light) as *absolutely
certain*, but do make it certain in regards to everything we know,
within everything we work. In the "great beyond" it will be wrong, we
can be sure of it, but within our knowledge hitherto, it is correct,
it is right, and with it we have been able to do a great deal.

  Demonstrably wrong yes. Certainly wrong? No. We come closer and
closer, we beat it harder and harder, and so far we have come that
the probablities we could site for it being otherwise are absurd, and
such in the practice of materialism, therefore establishes certainty.
The only certainties Idealism will abide, however, are those knowable
by a process(s) of thought. For the Idealist these process are not
based upon reality, but exist seperate, of themselves.

Xxxzx