Blanshard and Ollman

Chris Matthew Sciabarra cms10 at SPAMis2.nyu.edu
Fri Aug 27 08:39:02 MDT 1999

At 04:18 PM 8/26/99 -0400, James Farmelant wrote:>On Thu, 26 Aug 1999
13:50:10 -0400 Chris Matthew Sciabarra
><cms10 at is2.nyu.edu> writes:
>>Just a note:  while Ollman certainly recognizes Blanshard's work as
>>important, I think the one author who has really concentrated more on
>>Blanshard vis-a-vis internal relations is Kevin Brien.  Check out his
>>book
>>MARX, REASON, AND THE ART OF FREEDOM
>What philosophers does Kevin Brien draw upon in developing his
>analysis of internal relations?
>                       Jim F.

Blanshard, quite explicitly.  Ollman, on the other hand, has surely
mentioned Blanshard, but his own conception does not rely heavily on
Blanshard's development.  Blanshard, for instance, is not mentioned in
either ALIENATION or DIALECTICAL INVESTIGATIONS (though Bradley and
Whitehead are).
Chris
Chris Matthew Sciabarra, Visiting Scholar
NYU Department of Politics
715 Broadway
New York, New York  10003-6806
Dialectics and Liberty Website: