Czech Communist Party Gains in Popularity

Mon Aug 30 00:02:12 MDT 1999

> >     That aside, I got a personal belly laugh at the question that "are
>they
> > Social Democrats or Stalinist dictators?", too. It reminded me of a
> > "Crossfire" on CNN that debated whether or not to "go in hard" or to use
> > light bombs instead on Iraq, just before "Desert Fox". That, Owen, is
>the
> > height of sectarianism.
> > If you can't see that, please take another look.
> >       And, by the way, glad you are back.
> > Macdonald
>

>--
>Owen Jones
>
>"Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil,
>oppression, and violence and enjoy it to the full."
>
>Leon Trotsky

      The analogy I was drawing was just that someone lists the parameters
of debate narrowly, and then asks for participation. As to your other
questions and statements, I have no further comment. I'd like to move on.
Sorry if you don't like my paraphrase, I can be more succinct.

Macdonald

To criticize the people's shortcomings is neccessary, as we have already
said, but in so doing we must truly take the stand of the people and speak
out of whole hearted eagerness to protect and educate them. To treat
comrades like enemies is to go over to the stand of the enemy.

Mao Tse-tung, "Talks at the Yenan forum on literature and art".