Chris Sciabarra's new book

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Wed Aug 25 17:59:29 MDT 1999

Jim Farmelant:
>crude and often dishonest thinker.  I dare say that Chris Sciabarra
>is far more learned and intelligent than Rand ever was and he
>tends to read back into her a work a subtlety of mind that he
>himself possesses but in which Rand was lacking.

What a coincidence! I just got this from Chris:

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 18:37:33 -0400
From: Chris Matthew Sciabarra <cms10 at is2.nyu.edu>
To: cms10 at is2.nyu.edu

Please excuse the impersonal nature of this mailing.  If you have received
this notice, it is because you are considered a friend or a colleague... or
maybe both... :)  ... of Chris Matthew Sciabarra.

I wanted to share with you some really wonderful personal news.  I received
word today that Penn State Press has accepted my book, TOTAL FREEDOM:
TOWARD A DIALECTICAL LIBERTARIANISM, for publication.  The book is somewhat
controversial (again) ... tracing the history and meaning of dialectics
across time (in Part 1), and developing a full-length examination of the
works of Murray Rothbard (in Part 2).  I assure you... the two parts are
related.  :)

In any event, the final manuscript will be delivered on Friday, October
15th... or before, if I can help it... with a publication target of Fall 2000.

I want to thank each of you for whatever you have done to encourage me --
with your interest, or your actual substantive comments on the work (if you
were among the annointed who had to wade thru hundreds of pages of
scintillating text :)  ).  Thanks so much -- I'll surely keep you posted.

A formal announcement will be made sometime in the coming months, when I've
had a chance to spruce up that segment of my website with all the
endorsements the book has earned.  If you'd like to check out the table of
contents and abstract, you can take a look at:
http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sciabarra/tfstart.htm

Take care,
Chris
=====================================
Chris Matthew Sciabarra, Visiting Scholar
NYU Department of Politics
715 Broadway
New York, New York  10003-6806
Dialectics and Liberty Website: