On Judging and not reading

Xxxzx Xyyxyz musides at SPAMadelaide.on.net
Sat Aug 28 04:40:37 MDT 1999

>rather than slapping their hands over their eyes and
>singing "LA LA LA I DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT THIS I HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS
>ALREADY!!"

  I did not state myself clearly enough. Knowing the subject material
and the general direction of the book is not enough to "have all the
answers", nor is it enough for people who read a book, one, two,
three times, to "have all the answers".

  On "I" -- I have said no such thing. My first post to Chirs opened,
"I know nothing on libertarianism", but I attempted to take a step to
learn, by comparing the dialogue of the discussion thereto, and
setting it relative to what I know.

  No hands over my eyes, but an attempt, from ignorance, to deal with
something that I would like to learn about.

  You said discussion is not one sided learning. This practice stems
from both arrogance and elitism. Neither is acceptable for learning.
Moreover, not accepting people into discussion on the grounds of
either ignorance or knowledge is unacceptable.

Xxxzx