A Reply to Mario

Carlos Eduardo Rebello crebello at SPAMantares.com.br
Mon Aug 30 11:42:46 MDT 1999

I apologize for misrepresentating Mario's views, and would like only to
point that I have written a PhD thesis, in Portuguese, back in 1996
(J.M. Keynes e o encerramento do Homo Oeconomicus [J.M. Keynes and the
closing of *Homo Oeconomicus*], IUPERJ) that advances the thesis that
today, being a keynesian implies ultimately that, in carrying to the
full the Keynesian goal of regulated effective demand, one must be a
Leninist in politics - a notion held also by, I believe, Boris
Kagarlitsky, and Doug Henwood.

Carlos Rebello