A welcome to demonstrators in Seattle.

Patrick Bond pbond at SPAMwn.apc.org
Thu Dec 2 01:54:31 MST 1999

The operative verb, I gather, is "delink." Alexander Cockburn's radio
report yesterday morning on SAfm radio was very explicit:
Sweeney and Hoffa did an historic sell-out in changing the march
route (in exchange for access to Clinton and the WTO), which led
to a much earlier breakthrough of the blockade than would have
happened had some tens of thousands of marchers taken the
original route and provided support.

On 2 Dec 99, at 13:58, Gary MacLennan wrote:
> Were there any
> attempts to link up the Hoffa led demonstration with those protesting
> outside the WTO Centre? That is the combination that would have shaken the
> world not just Seattle.
>
> regards
>
> Gary

Patrick Bond
(Wits University Graduate School of Public and Development Management)
home: 51 Somerset Road, Kensington 2094, Johannesburg
office: 22 Gordon Building, Wits University Parktown Campus
mailing address: PO Box 601 WITS 2050
phones:  (h) (2711) 614-8088; (o) 488-5917; fax 484-2729
emails:  (h) pbond at wn.apc.org; (o) bondp at zeus.mgmt.wits.ac.za