DELUGED ABOUT SEATTLE

Borba100 at SPAMaol.com Borba100 at SPAMaol.com
Sun Dec 5 10:54:37 MST 1999

Dear friends,

www.emperors-clothes.com is literally being deluged with thousands of hits
and many letters because of our coverage of Seattle, especially the Jim
Desyllas article, re-posted below.  PEOPLE FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE DESPERATELY
WANT THE TRUTH! We are finishing an editorial which directly links the
staged-violence which Jim describes, in Seattle, and the media-staged
"persecution" of Albanians in Kosovo.  That editorial will be posted by
tonight.  It will be called "THEFT, WARS, LIES...AND VIDEOTAPE." It will be
at the top of the homepage at www.emperors-clothes.com

It will be circulated to the huge American audience which we now have because
of our Seattle coverage.  Here's Jim' Desylla's article.  Please feel free to
trnaslate and ciruclate this!  We are hoping to get Spanish, German and Dutch
translations today, and of course, any others would be welcome - let me know
if you can do one.

Best regards,
Jared Israel

COLLATERAL DAMAGE IN SEATTLE
A report from Portland student and Emperors-clothes.com reporter Jim Desyllas
Called-in from a pay phone outside Seattle. Wed., 7:30 pm Pacific time.

I just spent 4 days in Seattle. The "information" people are getting from the
mass media is false. This was not, as Pres. Clinton claims, a peaceful
protest marred by the actions of violent protesters. This was a massive,
strong but peaceful demonstration which was attacked repeatedly by the police
with the express purpose of provoking a violent response to provide photo
opportunities for the Western media. I know because I watched it happening.
I'll tell you how they did it.

As Michel Chossudovsky says in his "Disarming the New World Order" (See Note
# 1 at end for link to that article) - the government put a lot of effort
into making sure the protesters in Seattle were a "loyal opposition" who
wanted to reform the WTO, not get rid of it. But the people in Seattle -
American steel workers, Canadian postal workers, college kids from all over,
environmentalists from Australia - you name it - were not for reforming the
WTO. They were for getting rid of it.

And this wasn't just true of the protesters. I interviewed delegates. None of
them had anything favorable to say about the WTO. Two delegates from the
Caribbean were angry about job loss. One delegate from Peru took a bullhorn
and got up on a car and spoke to the protestors against the World Trade
Organization. He said it hurts the workers and farmers. I interviewed a
Norwegian guy from Greenpeace. Totally against it. Even a delegate from
Holland said it had hurt the farmers there. He said though it is supposedly
democratic, that's actually a lie: the US, England and Canada and a few
others get together and decide what they want to do. Then they ask the rest
of the countries to vote and if they vote wrong they threaten,"You won't get
loans," or whatever. They get them to do what they want by blackmailing them.
The Italians we interviewed were upset too. I couldn't find any delegates who
were in favor.

So the government instigated a "riot" to discredit the movement against the
WTO because they couldn't dilute it. I am not guessing about this. I was
there. I saw it happening. And I will tell you I am frankly shocked to see,
close up, just how little our leaders care what happens to ordinary people.
Clinton can pose and speak a lot of flowery stuff but the truth is - we are
nothing to them. I saw this with my own eyes.

Sunday and Monday, there was no violence. None. The people were aggressively
non-violent; they were self-policing. Up until Tuesday at 4pm there was one
window broken in the whole city - a McDonalds window. This compares favorably
to the typical rock concert, let alone a demonstration of people who were
non-violently barring entry to the World Trade Center!

At this point, a new group of police - tactical police - moved in and started
gassing people and shooting rubber bullets. Is it any surprise that people
got mad? Of course, the young kids hit back by breaking some windows in
retaliation for being gassed, sprayed with very painful pepper gas, and shot
with dangerous "rubber" bullets. The police instigated these kids, plain and
simple.

Sunday and Monday they had young cops, using them to block the streets. These
were trainees. But Tuesday they had the real cops; none of them were young.
They were trained to attack people. A small group, maybe 100 people total,
struck back. Then these cops herded that group around the city, making sure
there were plenty of photo ops of "violent protesters."

A number of times they had these 100 or so protesters caught between
buildings and walls of police. They could easily have arrested and detained
this small number of people and gotten it over with. Instead they would gas
them and let them go. Then trap them again, gas them again, and again let
them go. The cops made no arrests that I know of until late Tuesday night
though the skirmishing was going on from three till 9:30. The cops would
blockade three or five blocks of an area, give the angry kids room to
operate, keep gassing them - when you gas a person, let me tell you, it gets
them fighting mad.

Tuesday night the police gassed all of downtown. This was going on from 3 PM,
till 6 PM.. Gas everywhere. The kids broke a few windows - McD's, Starbucks -
small stuff - burned a few garbage cans. The police were using these people
as extras. It was staged. I believe also the police had their own people in
there, encouraging people to break stuff - if people think I may be
exaggerating, I saw supposed protesters - they were screaming and so on - and
then later, when everything was over, the same people tackled other
protestors and put handcuffs on them.

At 6pm they issued a State of Emergency. At that point they had pushed the
100 people outside the city limits, so the police went outside the limits
too, and they started gassing that area too, gassing the neighborhoods where
the regular people live. I am not exaggerating. The police were relentless.

This was in an area from the city limits for about 10 blocks to the Seattle
Central Community College. If you were alive, the police gassed you. People
coming back from work, kids, women, everyone. People would go out of their
houses to see what was happening because these tear gas guns sound like a
cannon - and they would get gassed. A block away there was a Texaco gas
station - they threw tear gas at gas pumps, believe it or not - they were
like vandals. They gassed a bus. I saw it with my own eyes. A bus. The
driver, the riders, the people just abandoned it .

I was sitting in a little coffee shop called Rauhaus, [Jim did not spell this
- the spelling may be wrong.] They were shooting "rubber" bullets at the
glass. I picked up a dozen of the things in a few square feet. They were also
shooting this paint that you can only see with a florescent light. They would
paint anyone and everyone and then go hunting them.

Anyway, because they were gassing everybody, the local people got mad too and
they joined the 100 who had been herded out of the city. So soon there were
500 including the neighborhood people and all very angry. Naturally. Because
they had been gassed and hit with pepper spray, that stuff does a number on
you. And shot with these damn bullets. Then people set up barricades at
Seattle Central Community College. The cops organized themselves for about an
hour and then moved in and gassed that area.

Today they started mass arrests. That was because Clinton - the Greeks call
him the Planitarchis, Ruler of the World - was coming. Weeping crocodile
tears about how he just LOVES peaceful protest, which of course you'd have to
be two years old to believe he had nothing to do with the police action. This
whole thing, this police attack, this was US foreign policy, not some action
decided by some bureaucrat in Seattle. This was the State Department. They
wanted to discredit the people.

When things started on Sunday,  there was a protest rally of solidarity
involving people from different walks of life. Monday it got even bigger.
Tuesday there was a big sort of carnival where people were doing different
things, a band was playing music and people were blocking the World Trade
Center. And about 3 PM the cops started throwing tear gas.

The thing that drove Clinton crazy was that on Tuesday the protesters had
succeeded in making nonviolent human chains and had therefore stopped
everyone from going into the World Trade Center. Only maybe 27 delegates got
through, mostly US and British. There were what seemed like tens of thousands
of protesters involved. So the police did their gassing number against these
nonviolent people to break up the human chains and make the protesters look
violent.

Today (Wednesday) I followed the union protest put together by the
Longshoremen's Union. They went down to the docks and had a rally then
marched to Third Avenue. As soon as they got there the cops started gassing
them. There was an old lady there. She had gone downtown by bus to buy
something. This lady was in her 70's and I saw her trying to run, but she
couldn't breathe. She was in shock. I carried her to a building entryway. She
was gasping, terrified. She had been in Germany, and it was like she was
having flashbacks. The tear gas sounds like gunfire and there were
helicopters overhead, sirens, cops on horses, everything.

They had clearly made a decision to destroy this movement.

So anyway there I was with her in this building and she wanted to go to the
hospital but there was tear gas everywhere and I was afraid if I tried to
move her she'd be gassed again. I went to this line of cops and begged - I
mean begged - these riot police to help her. They ignored me. A girl told me
later that a one year old had been gassed. And I myself saw a girl no more
than 18 - a cop had busted her lip wide open - she was bleeding - and then
they gassed everyone including her. After that she was kneeling on the ground
crying like a baby and praying for 15 minutes, Hail Mary, Hail Mary. Over and
over. She was in a state of shock. They just gassed these people who were
sitting down non-violently and doing nothing. Nothing.

At one point the Seattle Mayor said his boys were not using rubber bullets.
Miraculously, by then I had ten in my pocket. I could open a little market,
sell the things. They are everywhere. I and other people started giving them
to delegates and stuff. "See what they're doing? They're shooting "rubber"
bullets and lying about it." We showed them to the media. I guess enough
people and the media got the information because the Mayor made a new
statement then that they were using them. As if he hadn't known.

They shot rubber bullets from four feet away into the face of a guy next to
me, broke all his front teeth. When that happened I lost it. I forgot I was
supposed to be getting the news for all of you and I started yelling at the
cops, "What the hell is wrong with you? Are you sick, man?" So this cop aimed
his gun right at me. That was his answer. So I first put my hands in front of
my face because I didn't want to lose my teeth. And then I thought, to hell
with it. I was wearing my target shirt that said "Collateral Damage", you
know? With a bullseye target, like they wore during the bombing in
Yugoslavia. And I told this guy, "Go ahead, shoot! Here! Here's the target!"
He didn't shoot me.

I want to emphasize, these protesters were NOT violent people. They were the
most non-violent people I have ever seen. Even when I was screaming at the
cop, this girl came up to me and said, "Do not scream. This is non-violent."
These people were too much to believe. They must meditate all the time, I
don't know.

Clinton said he supports nonviolent protest. That is baloney. Today (Wed.)
the protesters were causing absolutely no "trouble". In downtown the cops had
people running who weren't even protesters - like that old lady or just
people going to work or shopping - everyone was getting gassed. The busses
weren't running because of the gas. I was lucky to catch one with a driver
who could still see. I begged him to drive the old lady home - the driver
changed his route especially for her. If you want to find human decency, stay
away from the Planitarchis. Go to the to regular people. They have some. The
Planitarchis lost all his years ago. Now he wouldn't know human decency if it
came up and bit him.

So now I have made personal acquaintance with the people who run this
country, and they are quite simply scum. There were people at work, people
with babies, they were all getting gassed because the government would not
allow an assembly of people speaking their minds. It is the same as what
happened in Athens. Clinton's requirements on the Greek government created
the riot and he did the same thing here. And then he says he supports
nonviolent protest? How? By shooting rubber bullets? And today they outlawed
gas masks. They want to make sure everyone gets his money's worth.

Today, just like yesterday night, the police were in the residential
neighborhoods. People in cafés were getting gassed and shot at, you could
hear it on the windows, bang, bang, bang. A guy trying to cross the street to
go to his house got gassed. First a drunk guy outside a bar yelled at the
cops "Get out of here!" so they gassed him. And then this other guys was just
crossing the street to go home so the cops figured, might as well gas him
too. People got gassed for coming out of restaruants and bars and coffeee
shops. I'm amazed that nobody died who had asthma or something.

Or maybe somebody did die and they didn't talk about it. I mean after all,
it's just collateral damage..

***

Note # 1 - For a critical look at the World Trade Organization, click on
SEATTLE AND BEYOND: DISARMING THE NEW WORLD ORDER or go to
http://www.emperors-clothes.com/articles/chuss/seattle.htm

If you would like to browse articles from Emperors-Clothes.com, click here Or
go to: http://www.emperors-clothes.com