URGENT REQUEST

Paul Flewers paul.flewers at SPAMvirgin.net
Thu Dec 2 12:43:52 MST 1999

Michael Pugliese mentioned Norman Cohn's Warrant for Genocide: The Myth
of the Jewish World Conspiracy and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.
It is a very good work, but, just checking my copy, it has only three
references to the Rothschilds, and one of them was to the way that
stupid leftists in the 1800s, mostly Proudonists, had a streak of
anti-Semitism in their anti-capitalism. Another reference cites the
right-wing French author Céline warning that Frenchmen 'will go off to
war at the moment chosen by Baron de Rothschild... at the moment fixed
in full agreement with his sovereign cousins in London, New York and
Moscow'.

The Rothschild family came under attack from an anti-Semitic direction,
as did other prominent Jewish business families, from various quarters
in Britain at the end of the eighteenth and beginning of the nineteenth
centuries. Colin Holmes' Anti-Semitism in British Society 1876-1939
gives many examples, including a couple from the Labor Leader, a
left-wing paper, that are very nasty. (Holmes gives no details about
this paper, I've not heard of a Labor Leader (with US spelling of the
title) published in Britain, although the Labour Leader (British
spelling) was, as Holmes says, the paper of the Independent Labour
Party.)

Paul F