Michael Pugliese's prefatory remarks on the Black Book

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Sat Dec 4 13:06:55 MST 1999

I inadvertently clipped Michael's comments preceding the Black Book
citation, which might have left the impression that he was neutral or
something. He is not. Here is what I clipped:

===
On the argument of S. Courtois, and "class genocide". That was the
phrase used by right-wing German historian, Ernest Nolte, in the "Historians
Debate" in Germany in the mid-70's, that was an attempt by the right to
"normalize" the Nazi experience and rehabilitate them as only trying to save
the Christian West from the Godless Bolshevik Devils. From other reviews of
the Courtois book, I gather that he was a Trotskyist back in the 60's?
Anyone know details. Alain Krivine's group or some other splinter?
                          Michael Pugliese

Louis Proyect
Marxism mailing list: (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)