Provo leadership and rank and file

Sun Dec 5 20:22:47 MST 1999

Hi George,

I have been deluded here with people asking me what will happen?  Do I
support the peace deal, etc? I agree and disagree with what you have
said.  The war has ended through the exhaustion of the people.  It is as
you say an acceptance of partition by the republicans.  Still the dialectic
never dies.  To have a Martin McGuinness as Minister for Education is also
a signal to the Orange Establishment that their time too is up.  I have
been thinking hard here about what Phillip has said on this. Perhaps we are
in a new era.  The struggle to unite Ulster on terms other than those
provided by the British may be impossible, but is it any less difficult
than the project of driving out the British by bombing Manchester?  I do
not agree of course with these polarities but that is what the choice had
come down to in the end.

comradely greetings

Gary