Bukharin

Michael Pugliese debsian at SPAMpacbell.net
Mon Dec 6 09:14:44 MST 1999

   Your'e right that the man that Lenin called in his, "Final Testament,"
(the one that berated Stalin for his bad manners towards Krupskaya...)
the, "...favorite of the party.." is absent in lefty lit
here in the U.S.
    Are you aware of the following books: the Stephen Cohen one from the
70's(???)(Cohen also has a good short examination of the Sovietological
productions of the think tankers
at Rand, etc. in his, "Rethinking the Soviet Experience." (BTW, isn't he
married to Katrina vanden Heuvel, the editor of the Nation?- Katha Pollitt,
of the Nation, is married to Paul Mattick, Jr. Dinner parties must be
interesting...)
    Also, the autobiography of Bukharin's widow, entitled I think, "Now we
must remember," (???)
and the novel that Bukharin wrote in the period leading to his "premature
death" was published last year.
    Finally, a Pluto Press book called, "The Case of Bukarin, " by Donny
Gluckstein.
    Sorry the cites are kinda sloppy, gotta run to work, and get more
surplus value sucked outta
these bones...
                                       Michael Pugliese