Last Posts - Understanding the "conjuncture" was Re: Anarchism;morepopular than marxism?

Sat Dec 11 13:33:46 MST 1999

Hi Carroll,

I suppose that strictly speaking you are correct.  My post was too broad in
its conceptualisation and I really do not have the time and energy to go
over the definition of class territory. So I will graciously concede the
territory.

Now re the Vietnam War, here at QUT we used to have a lecturer in
Journalism, a Major Peter Young, ex-SAS, served in Vietnam etc.  He told me
that on the big US Aircraft carriers there were no go areas where the white
crew and officers dared not show their faces.None of this was reported but
I do remember at the time reading some reports of a collapse of discipline
in the US army.

Facts like this go along way to explaining current US Army tactics.  The
High Command dreads being bogged down.

warm regards

Gary