Anarchism; more popular than marxism?

Jamal Hannah jah at SPAMiww.org
Wed Dec 8 22:19:56 MST 1999

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Philip L Ferguson wrote:

> I would say that in some countries, most particularly some of the most
> developed capitlaist countries, this is probably true at present.
>
> I would say this is the result of very negative social/economic trends.
>
> The working class suffered hammer blows in the 1980s and is weaker
> organisationally and in terms of consciousness than in decades, maybe at
> any time this century.  It is in these conditions that all kinds of middle
> class trends gain ground/move into the vacuum.
>
> The anarchists of today, moreover, are not like the revolutionary
> anarchists of Durruti in Spain or even the anarchists Marx had to contend
> with.  Compared to today's young anarchists, Bakunin looks good.
>
> What strikes me about the anarchist milieu in NZ is that it is a bunch of
> declassed blank generation members.  They are by and large virulently
> anti-working class, especially hostile to workers who actually commit the
> original sin of having jobs.
>
> They organise daft campaigns like 'No shopping days', which is also
> anti-working class.  And when they aren't engaged in non-shopping or
> smoking dope they are out destroying GM potato crops.  They have turned
> know-nothingness into a lifestyle option and political - in fact apolitical
> - stance.  They are happy to be ignorant and want to stay that way.
>
> They're liked a scruffied up version of the middle class which lives off
> surplus-value and does everything possible not to know, or face up to then
> fact, they are doing this.
>
> Their rage is incoherent and wants to stay that way.
>
> When the next generation of workers gets itself together and the class
> moves to the centre of politics again, the blank generation anarchists will
> be reduced to complete irrelevance again, just as they were the last time
> the class was in motion.
>
> Philip Ferguson
>
> PS: Which is not to say that Marxists shouldn't learn to throw bricks and
> be prepared to do so on *relevant* occasions.

Well, its clear that anarchists are the new revolutionaries. I think youre
just jealous of them, and youre looking to be an oppertunist by suggesting
that you copy anarchist methods (throwing bricks).  Marxists do not
represent the working class. They are a small group of white,
petty-bourgeiois intellectuals.  Anarchists are now rerpresentative of the
working-class youth of America. It's obvious if you look at all the
anarchist web sites on the web.  The marxist sites are obcessed with the
past, and a bygone age.

See this web page for more info on anarchism:

http://flag.blackened.net/liberty/