[Fwd: [BRC-ALL] Terrorism, Brutality and Violence]

Carrol Cox cbcox at SPAMilstu.edu
Tue Dec 14 13:29:52 MST 1999

[. I fwd the wrong posts earlier. My apologies for cluttering your
mailboxes. I think these posts are important because they
help white leftists conceptualize what it is like to think and see
the world from inside the black community -- and perhaps, also,
give some content to the term, "black community," which has
been questioned in the past on some of these lists. Carrol ]

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:15:23 -0500
From: Brandi Harden <bharden at law.howard.edu>
Subject: [BRC-ALL] Terrorism, Brutality and Violence

Peace to all of my BRC Family...

Can someone help me please...Can someone help me understand what is
happening here?...I am a 26 year old student here in the DC area, and I
don't understand why our people are continuing to die at the hands of
these RACIST WHITE PEOPLE?

Last weekend in MD an 80 yr. old woman, who was shopping with two of her
friends after Thanksgiving was followed for 20 miles, on the highway then
shot and killed (with a shoutgun) by two racist white boys 1/2 mile from
her home.  You know why?  Becase she was driving too slow...So why didn't
they just go around, why didn't they just cuss her out if theywere so mad
that she was driving slow...THEY FOLLOWED HER FOR 20 MILES...so that they
could savagely KILL HER!!

These deaths are OUTRAGEOUS!!

I am from Dallas, Texas so I am familiar with the Jasper incident, and
since I live in DC I am very familiar with the Artie Elliot case, and what
about Amadou Diallo? (there are too many others to name) You see to me it
doesn't matter whether it's the police killing, or other white
racists...they are killing our people in record numbers and it is 1999!

I send this message out because when I talk to some of my other borthers
and sistas, they think that I am crazy that I am some kind of "conspiracy
theorist"...but I really don't understand...We are DYING!  Every year,
every month, every day, every minute, every second, and we are dying at
the hands of Racists! police or just outright Klan members!  This must
stop and it must stop now...What can we do?

Activist Brothers and sistas please respond to this email, and give some
support to a young sista' who is ready to respond to a situation that
needs our immediate attention!

WE ARE IN A STATE OF EMERGENCY...AND WE MUST ACT NOW!

A wise colleague of mine once said "...it doesn't matter whether we have
letters...Ph.D's behind our names or numbers, we are all one community!
--Nik Eames

So let's pool our resources, and DEMAND JUSTICE NOW!

Brandi Harden

[Cross-posting or publishing messages that appear on BRC-ALL to a
non-BRC medium is prohibited (except for articles, announcements, and
press releases), without EXPLICIT permission from the message author]