Background information on Pinochet's arrest

Sun Dec 19 19:33:31 MST 1999

>>Am I too much of a paranoid if I find this paragraph dripping
>>imperialist ideology, and debasing the Chileans while raising the
>>imperialists to heavens?

The whole article is shot through with the attitude you suggest.

I'm sure that Louis, even though he disagrees with you and me on this point,
was not unmindful of it in posting it; and did so mainly because of the
background factual information it contains.

I am very very surprised, by the way, especially after having been so alone
here arguing that the concrete specific case of E. Timor was an exception to
how Marxists always handle imperialist meddling (la palabra que quiero es
ingerencia, no existe en inglés) in the third world, to find so many of the
comrades unable to see this also as a form of intervention, moreover, a
very, very, very old and traditional form of imperialist intervention (going
after the "despots" from Spain in 1898), the incursions into Mexico during
the revolution, and so on.

José