Hot from the Slavoj Zizek Masturbatorium

M A Jones mark at SPAMjones118.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Dec 18 17:18:18 MST 1999

For what it's worth (nothing) Louis Proyect and I were practically the first on
the Net to DEFEND THE SERBS in the Kosovo war and to proclaim the Serb struggle
for national survival as an important battle for ALL LEFISTISTS  to share.

Irony, man. Get it or you don't, yeah???

Mark Jones

----- Original Message -----
From: Anders Püschel <ahp at swipnet.se>
To: <marxism at lists.panix.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 1999 10:20 PM
Subject: SV: Hot from the Slavoj Zizek Masturbatorium

I think it sounds like the kind of satire a porno (not pomo) magazine might
indulge in. It's virulently anti-serbian, though I couldn't help finding it a
little funny in spots (for example, the notion that taxi-drivers in Belgrade
have a degree in philosphy). Of course the premise that a Serb might receive
recognition in the center of the very world that is engaged in destroying his
country, is absurd. For instance, Spielberg would be more likely to make a film
about an Albanian.

Perhaps unlike some on this list I don't think that the serbs should be above
critisism, but any critisism - whether in the form of satire or more sincere
endeavours - should be footed in the realities of life in Serbia. For instance,
the virulent anti-moslem sentiments voiced in films and books.

Anders Püschel
ahp at swipnet.se