Ceding ground to capitalist ideologues, and a warning toanarchists

M A Jones mark at SPAMjones118.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Dec 18 11:03:02 MST 1999

Michael Hoover wrote:

> is there anyone who doesn't have a politics?
>
> abolition of private ownership of means of production
> elimination of market as organizing principle of social relations
> allocation of resources through collective, coordinated, rational social
>   planning
> liquidation of existing social causes of unhappiness
> realization of democracy, equality, freedom

This isn't a politics, Michael Hoover, this is a catechism. It only becomes a
politics if you have some way of carrying it into effect, one moreover
which connects non-contingently with the rest of your life. Do
you?

BTW, I'd like to hear more about your notion of *unhappiness*.

mark
ps I don't plan to sink to the level of personalising and flaming of the rest your
mature thing to do.