a word on behalf of anarchists

peter edward frase pefrase at SPAMmidway.uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 15 21:45:54 MST 1999

Jim Craven wrote:
>Zerzan came off as a
>clone of his "hero" Ted Kaczynski without the letter bombs--now.

Indeed, Zerzan goes Kaczynski one better.  In a commentary on the
Unabomber, he writes:

"It is civilization itself that must be undone to go where Unabomber wants
to go. In other words, the wrong turn for humanity was the Agricultural
Revolution, much more fundamentally than the Industrial Revolution."

I've become somewhat inured to such nonsense from black-clad 17-year-olds,
but from a 56 year old man it still has the ability to dumbfound me.

I won't write any more about lifestyle anarchists, I promise.

Peter Frase