Black Like Who? - Why African Americans Arn't Supporting Mumia

Jamal Hannah jah at SPAMiww.org
Sat Dec 25 03:35:40 MST 1999

On Fri, 24 Dec 1999, Louis Proyect wrote:

> >         Mumia Abu-Jamal may be a symbol of racism to the celebrity
> >         set, but to most black people, he's just a scary character
> >         who probably got what he deserved.

> any comments you might have.

Ok.. I'll do that next time. Though I dont know if it was "rightwing"
propaganda so much as liberal.. liberals, after all, support capitalism.

I think, however, that the article brought up some important points,
because the black population does not seem to support Mumia openly.. I
dont hear rap songs about Mumia, for example.  It's a shame... and I think
the Mumia movement needs to be more critical of itself and figure out why
it is alienating black people...

 - Jamal