Naughty words

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Sat Dec 25 08:36:55 MST 1999

Somebody subbed to the list after reading Gary McLennan's column in an
Australia newspaper chatting it up. His email address is connected to some
kind of government network, which bounces back messages to me as list owner
if they contain profanity. Needless to say, I get these bounces on perhaps
1/4 of all Marxism list messages, which pleases me to no end.

Here is the latest:

===
To: owner-marxism at dont.panix.com
Subject: A message you sent has inappropriate language and has been blocked

The message you sent with subject "Re: Episodes from American Trotskyism"
contains words or phrases which contravene QT/MR policy on
the use of email, i.e. profanities or sexual references, and
has therefore been blocked.

Please edit and re-send.  If you believe this was blocked in error
please contact the Department of Transport Operations Management Centre
on 07 3834 2095 for assistance DO NOT REPLY directly to this message as it is
generated from an automated server.
===

Here is my reply:

Fuck, shit, piss and cunt.