[Fwd: [Cuba SI] US and stooge-Argentine Junta. Canada Communism**]

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky gorojovsky at SPAMinea.com.ar
Thu Dec 30 20:51:27 MST 1999

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Rachel E <grrrach at yahoo.com>
Para: Marxism List <marxism at lists.panix.com>
Fecha: Jueves, 30 de Diciembre de 1999 21:18
Asunto: [Fwd: [Cuba SI] US and stooge-Argentine Junta. Canada
Communism**]
:
:MANUAL TELLS ARGENTINE JUNTA MEN 'DENY EVERYTHING'
:REUTERS
:World Headlines Tuesday, Dec 21, 1999 4  By Mayra Pertossi
:
:BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Former members of the Argentine
military who
:face court investigations into human rights crimes in the
1976-83
:dictatorship are circulating a manual on how to avoid
incriminating
:themselves by "denying everything.''

:The manual argued, "It is not the courts' job to carry out
historical
:investigations, so judges have no authority to call us to
testify.
:They are not investigating crimes to be punished, it is mere
:historical curiosity.''

As always, I wonder what are the dirty reasons behind Reuter's
publicizing what has been common knowledge in Argentina for
years. That the military are instructed on how they must answer
is no news at all, thus not amenable to the supposedly sacred
mission of a 'news agency'. I have a couple of ideas on this, but
I will not expand here. What I want to stress is the last
paragraph, because the first phrase ("It is not the courts' job
to carry out historical investigations') is absolutely
unassailable, and gives the clue to my opinions on related issues
in Latin America.

Nestor.