Time's 'Person of the Century' coverup

Wed Dec 29 19:56:33 MST 1999

>>The view that "It was the massive upsurge of people all over the
semicolonial world, and most powerfully in China, that put an end to direct
colonialism," is not true as far as India is concerned. <<

I'm sorry if my post gave this impression. I should have said "the era of
direct colonialism" or something like that to make clear that I was speaking
about the phenomenon on a world scale (and even today some direct colonies
remain, for example, Puerto Rico).

José