Stratfor plus sources on paleo-cons and the Frankfurt School

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at SPAMOREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Thu Nov 4 03:12:27 MST 1999

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Paul Flewers wrote:

> I get suspicious of people who use flashy words and phrases, when there
> are perfectly good ones which we can all understand.

Who's this "we", and how do we know what's understandable, anyway? One of
the central hallmarks of capitalism is its spellbinding complexity:
garnering exchange-value isn't simple and clearcut, but takes place thanks
to vast networks of exchange, production, distribution and consumption. We
have to be willing to think through this complexity, before we rise to the
concrete negation or act of resistance to such. Sometimes that'll mean
using an unfamiliar vocabulary, or inventing a new one.

-- Dennis