OPPOSITION TO NATO IN ORAHOVAC IS CRITICAL

Borba100 at SPAMaol.com Borba100 at SPAMaol.com
Wed Nov 3 06:16:52 MST 1999

Dear friends,

I just reposted the Call to Action around Orahovac( in Kosov)  This is
critically important now.  The International Committee, which includes the
VERY active participation of the wonderful Women's Humanitarian Committee on
Orahovac (in Serbia) welcomes and urges the participation of labor, peace,
and other mass organizations from all countries.

Why Orahovac is so important;

1) Orahovac is the clearest evidence of the truly fascistic nature of the
occupation of Kosovo.  It gives the lie to the baloney about the KLA being
progressive, NATO fighting for human rights, and other baloney.

2) Partly due to the ongoing US/German rivalry, NATO plans further aggression
in Yugoslavia, sooner rather than later.  By publicizing the Orahovac issue
we clarify (for some people) and remind (other people) what NATO is REALLY
after.  That is, we undercut the political support crucial for further
US/NATO destruction of Yugoslavia. WE HELP TO RE-MOBILIZE THE ANTIWAR
MOVEMENT NOW, WHEN IT IS MISTAKENLY ACTING AS IF THE WAR IS OVER!!!

3) In doing so we undercut the US's ability to do these Neocolonial wars
elsewhere.  This is felt very strongly by my new friend, Nico Varkevisser,
whose foundation, Global Reflexion, invited me to speak recently on his issue
in Holland.  Nico comes out of the Cuba Solidarity movement and feels that
this exposure of the US's REAL motives and solidarity with the new colonial
victims in Orahovac can weaken the political basis of similar US actions in
Latin America, e.g., Colombia.

4) Please read the interviews and the call to action and let me know what you
think.

Best regards,
Jared

PS - My website has been shut down under circumstances that suggest it has
become an annoyance to the US government.  If so, I am flattered.  It should
be up and running soon under a new provider but with the old name,
www.emperors-clothes.com.  In the meantime, the temporary address is
http://www.europa.com/~shinos/emperors-clothes