Archive problem--sort of

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Thu Nov 4 09:33:26 MST 1999

I am not sure how many people have noticed this, but the author index for
November is screwed up. Apparently, when a new message is added to the
archives, the date and thread index is rebuilt okay, but the author index
is not. Oddly, this only occurs from within procmail, which feeds
individual messages to Mhonarc, the message-to-html generator that I have
implemented. I am not sure whether this is a function of my own failure to
define some parameter correctly or a bug in Mhonarc. There are several
reported bugs, supposedly fixed, on the Mhonarc web page related to this.

I am working with Les Schaffer to straighten this out, but if worse comes
to worse, I may just use a date and author index and leave thread out. It
seems to me that when you look through a date index, it is not too
difficult to figure out the thread as well. Also, the search engine should
give you an ability to retrieve all messages related to a common thread.

Will keep you all posted.

Louis Proyect