Nostalgies of the 30s (was Re: Cockburn and Women)

Michael Pugliese debsian at SPAMpacbell.net
Sun Nov 14 19:26:11 MST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: <jnstewart%mindspring.com at mindspring.com>
To: <marxism at lists.panix.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 1999 7:03 PM
Subject: Re: Nostalgies of the 30s (was Re: Cockburn and Women)

Mir
> Bis Du Schoen . . . . (Ah, Helen Forest. . . )

       I would prefer the concert at Carnegie Hall at which Robert Johnson
would have appeared, produced by John Hammond, Sr. who signed Dylan and
Springsteen and many others. I just tried to find my copy of the New Masses
circa '37 or so which has the ad. No luck. Anybody have Richard Pells or
Alan Wald handy with a reference. Also Hammond wrote an autobiography
published by Penguin I believe.
                                          Michael Pugliese