Marxism, ecology and the American Indian

James Farmelant farmelantj at SPAMjuno.com
Wed Nov 10 14:05:16 MST 1999

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:00:12 +0000 acc at ceniai.inf.cu writes:
>Take a look at this:
>
>http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1876hand/index.htm
>
>specially the last part of it.
>

>(Emphasis is mine, when he is talking about Cuba!!!)
>
>Who said Friedrich was not an ecologist?

Not I!  It is interesting to note that Engels closely followed the
work of the German evolutionary biologist, Ernst Haeckel
who was the person who coined the term ecology in the
first place.  The passage quoted by Dan not only shows that
Engels had assimilated the ecological perspective that
Haeckel had elaborated but that by the application of dialectical
thinking to it, he in fact had developed ecological thinking
far in advance of the level attained  by mainstream ecological
science until recent times

Jim Farmelant
.