London Lord Mayor

Thu Nov 18 18:09:53 MST 1999

At 03:46  18/11/99 +0000, you wrote:
>I see that Livingston has been shortlisted for the London mayorial election.
>
>What powers will the mayor of London have?
>
>It seems to me that all the fanfare over whether to shorlist Livingstone
>or not is of
>little significance.
>
>Warm regards
>George Pennefather
>
>Be free to check out our Communist Think-Tank web site at
>http://homepage.tinet.ie/~beprepared/

Hi George,

I must be getting moderate in my old age.  I supported voting for a
republic here in Oz. I am convinced it would have made a difference. I also
support Livingstone for Lord Mayor. Again I believe it will make a
difference.  Thatcher went out of her way to get rid of him the last time.
Similarly Blair and the Labour right are terrified of a clear successful
left opposition.

regards

Gary