Canadian mulitculturalism

Xxxx Xxxxxx xxxxxxx at xxxxxx.xx
Sun Nov 21 21:59:55 MST 1999

Multiculturalism has been official government policy in Canada since 1971
when a Minister responsible for Mulitculturalism was created along with a
government department while Pierre Trudeau was Prime Minister of a Liberal
Party led government. Essentially, multicultural policy consists of
education about cultural diversity through ads, campaigns etc, ecucation in
schools about the "Canadian mosaic," and financial support for newspapers,
community centres, associations etc for various minority cultural groups.

Xxxx