Timor again (sorry Lou)

James M. Blaut 70671.2032 at SPAMcompuserve.com
Sun Nov 21 20:57:55 MST 1999

MacD:

I said "in the US," where the term "multiculturalism" is used as aan
opposition to and defense against racism, against the attack on bilingual
education, etc. I don't know about Canadaian uses of the temr. If the
liberals are *claiming* that multiculturalism *prevails* in Canada when
obviously it does not, that is a very different issue.

In the US no progressive that I have every met or heard of is opposed to
multiculturalism.

Jim