Gusmao suggests asking UN to leave.

Nestor Gorojovsky nestor_gorojovsky at SPAMyahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 09:11:07 MST 1999

--- "Juan R. Fajardo" <fajardos at ix.netcom.com>
escribió:
> Macdonald Stainsby wrote:
> >
> > I have been staunchly opposed to any intervention
> in East Timor, my fear has
> > been the bourgeoisifying of the East Timorese,
> [...]
>
> Huh? What's that supposed to mean?  That the E.
> Timorese ought not to
> aspire to own their own businesses, gain title to
> their plots of
> farmland, have a decent place in which to raise
> their children, and do
> so within the economic system into which they have
> been born, in other
> words, "gain something to lose"?
> Unfortunately, in much of this world the old joke
> seems to ring truer,
> and more bitterly so, than ever: "the only thing
> worse than being
> exploited by capitalism is not being exploited by
> capitalism."

If I understood Macdonald well, Juan, he is not taking
this position. It seems to me that he is fearing that
the E.T. leadership steps back from revolutionary
positions and gives way to the imperialist bourgeoisie
in the newly independent E.T. This is the most
anti-bourgeois policy that can be taken in the Third
World, due to the reasons you expose, and AT THE SAME
TIME, the most bourgeois policy one must take on the
global scenario, where the only bourgeoisies that
matter are the imperialist bourgeoisies.

But let us allow Mac to explain himself, I am just a
humble commentator.

Nestor.