Timor again (sorry Lou)

Mon Nov 22 20:57:36 MST 1999

>>This is true but not really of political relevance. No progressive I know
of is opposed to drinking fountains in school buildings. I'm not opposed,
of course, to multiculturalism, but in my personal experience (until I read
this post) every single "multiculturalist" I have known has been an
anti-marxist and opposed in practice to doing anything about racism.
"Multiculturalism" is the disguise liberal racists wear.<<

I don't know about progressives, never having been one, but I'll tell you
there's at least one U.S. communist that bristles and goes on alert every
time something is proposed in the name of "diversity," the more common U.S.
term.

José
>> In the US no progressive that I have every met or heard of is opposed to
>> multiculturalism.
>
>This is true but not really of political relevance. No progressive I know
>of is opposed to drinking fountains in school buildings. I'm not opposed,
>of course, to multiculturalism, but in my personal experience (until I read
>this post) every single "multiculturalist" I have known has been an
>anti-marxist and opposed in practice to doing anything about racism.
>"Multiculturalism" is the disguise liberal racists wear.
>
>But apparently there is some difference in different areas.
>
>Carrol

---

Free computers.  Free Internet access.  I don't pay -- why should you?
Click on www.free-pc.com to get started today!