The Real AntiWar Movement

Apsken at SPAMaol.com Apsken at SPAMaol.com
Sun Nov 28 18:45:41 MST 1999

>      Lastly, from reading on Marcuse, I see his life was threatened in the
>  late 60's by the Secret Army Organization. Any details available on these
>  folks.

    I'm not aware of this threat, and of course there could be more than one
SAO. (There were, actually. The Algerian pieds noirs' French generals called
themselves that, didn't they?)

    The FBI's role in arming the SAO to bomb Pete Bohmer's coffee house was
written up in an old New York Review of Books, and in the very first issue of
CounterSpy magazine. Pete teaches at Evergreen College today, I'm pretty sure.

Ken Lawrence