Abraham Lincoln on labor and capital

Néstor Gorojovsky nestor_gorojovsky at SPAMyahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 14:36:13 MST 1999

--- Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> escribió:

> Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the
> fruit
> of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed.
> Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher
> consideration."
>
> Abraham Lincoln, annual message to Congress, Dec. 3, 1861

Wasn´t this dangerous Communist the same one who exchanged letters with
some unwanted German, a Karl Marx I believe, who sent him a letter of
support, full of praise, during the war against the unrestricted rights of
ownership of the Southern gentry?

Luckily enough the USA have already gone far away from the ideas of this
man!

BTW: one may read the whole American Civil War as a treatise on the
relationship between national revolution and social revolution.

=====
Nestor Miguel Gorojovsky

nestor_gorojovsky at yahoo.com